The Field Application Engineer will be primarily working in a defined geographical region, in this instance it will be Nordic countries. However, from time to time, travel to support customers in other European countries may be required. The principal responsibility is to support the sales team to implement the company sales strategy with a focus on profitable growth. The key measured KPI’s are to deliver on agreed targets by supporting customer specifications. Then to support with commissioning Kollmorgen systems within a lean organization.
In this position, you can be based in any Nordic country and preferably in Denmark, Vejstrup or Sweden, Mölndal.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Project planning and sizing of the entire automation and drive systems with all drive relevant auxillary compents, also with regard to the selection and use of mechanical systems within the transmission chain.
- Create requirement specifications in coordination with customers
- Carry out on site commissioning assistive services.
- Carry out project coordination and deadline tracking in coordination with all customer project participants and Kollmorgen Sales team and the responsible line manger.
- Functional safety support to the customers specifications:
- Assist with a safety approach as a guideline for the customer specific applications and suggest the required products.
- Technical support: commissioning
- Validation and verification in the following areas:
- Servo drives
- Motors, cables
- Feedback systems
- Product presentations at the customer premises encompassing and collaborating fully with the technical sales approach.
- Offer advice to customers and interested parties and our sales team to assist and validate an accurate quotation made by the responsible sales person.
- Assist with regional creation and implementation of product training when requested.
- Participation in trade fairs, specialist exhibitions and conferences as required.
- Programming skills and knowledge of plc‘s, (Minor advantage), HMI’s and feildbus networks, such as Ethercat, Ethernet/IP , Profinet, OPC , and PLC open coding language.
- Update accurately the CRM software tool (SFDC) as and when required and update line mangers accordingly on activities.
- Respond as part of the team in a timely manner, within 24 hr (Business working hours),to the technical email inbox support desk, once support cases are allocated by the line manager.
- Willingness to travel within the designated regions and production facilities as required.
- Must be able to develop relationships at all levels
- Must be able to work closely with global Manufacturing and Quality teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Strong computer skills are required
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced Lean environment
- Must be able to manage a flexible and dynamically changing work load schedule.
- Adaptability to change.
Education and/or experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience within the motion control/Drives/Gears/Motors industry.
- Experience from employment within a Sales/OEM/Distributor department of facilitation of 5 years or more.
- Languages: English , as the international business language is fluently required, written and verbal, other EU languages are an advantage. Naturally Nordic language is required.
Knowledge of IT systems is beneficial – MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MRP
Kollmorgen designs, manufactures and markets products and services with strong brand names, proprietary technologies and major market positions that improve the way we live and work. Building on the foundation provided by Altra Business System and the company’s core values, Kollmorgen’s associates are pursuing a focused strategy aimed at creating a Premier Global Enterprise.
Kollmorgen’s Team is revolutionizing the way things move. Electronic motion control brings quantum leaps in flexibility, precision, efficiency and reliability to applications as diverse as robots, medical imaging, packaging machines, and automated guided vehicles. Our breadth of products and brands are unmatched. Kollmorgen is a globally active company in one of the fastest growing industries – the automation industry.
For questions regarding this position, contact Hana Susilova, HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.